What’s Happening Today – July 31st, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
With interests rates down, it may be the best time to buy a home. But, should you? Dan Premo of The Premo Team at Meridian Bank says you may want to rush into home ownership. We find out why.
The Run for the Paws “Lucy Crowe Memorial 5K Run and 1-Mile Walk” is happening next weekend. We have everything you need to know about this annual event.
Today’s Pet Connect shows you some of the furry friends who would love to find a forever home with you.
We meet Milford’s Joel Andrus. He’s a pastor, but also a singer who just released a song honoring first responders. We hear from him and get a performance.
We like to celebrate all of the good things we are privileged to witness on DelmarvaLife. Today, we share them with you in “All That is Good.”
It’s salty, it’s crunchy, it’s cheesy, and yes, it’s messy… What is it? Poutine! Poutine is a dish that comes from Canada and basically consists of french fries, cheese curds, and gravy. If you haven’t tried it yet, our recipe for Perfect Poutine is the perfect place to start!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen French fries
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese curds
What to Do
- Bake French fries according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly whisk in broth, salt, and pepper; continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil and has thickened. Stir in browning sauce.
- Place French fries on a platter, top with cheese curds and drizzle with gravy. Serve immediately.