What’s Happening Today – July 30, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
When you find mold growing in your home, it can be difficult to know how to go about mold remediation. Can you do it yourself, how can you do it yourself, and is it necessary to call a professional are some common questions. While severe cases should be handled by an expert, it is possible to handle minor cases on your own. We talk with Austin Ireland of Dry Tek Environmental to get some answers.
The Academy Art Museum in Easton is opening its doors back up Saturday. DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli gives us a preview of the newly-renovated facility.
Hudson Behavior Health has a new name and expanded services just in time for its 40th anniversary. We learn about how the facility got its start in 1980, what’s new for 2020, and what changes have been made in response to COVID-19.
Ohmfest Music & Yoga Festival is a go this summer. Delaware’s First No Trace, Grassroots, Music and Yoga Festival will be held August 29th and 30th at Akridge Scout’s 85 Acre Reservation in Dover. We talk with one of the organizers about what’s in store and how it’s being run to keep festival goers safe.
We have something for you that we think you’ll “a-peach-iate.” It will definitely carve a “peach” out of your heart. There’s definite peach pride in Berlin, where they’re getting ready to celebrate the fuzzy fruit. We talk with President of the Taylor House Museum to find out about Peach Day.
Looking for a hit for your next summer bbq? We’ve got just the thing. Oven-Baked Cheeseburger Sliders are loaded up with all of your favorite toppings and a buttery topping. Baked in a casserole dish all together, this recipe is easy to throw together. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard, divided
- 12 square dinner rolls
- 1 cup bread and butter pickles, drained
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned; drain excess liquid. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, ketchup, and 2 tablespoons mustard; mix well and heat 2 minutes.
- Place bottom half of buns in baking dish. Top with beef mixture, pickle chips, and cheese. Place top half of buns over cheese.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, sesame seeds, and remaining 1 tablespoon mustard. Heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce is smooth, stirring occasionally. Pour sauce over buns, then cover with foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Check This Out!
- Serve these sliders up alongside a plate of homemade fries!