What’s Happening Today – July 29, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
The Delaware Developmental Disabilities Council is shining light on those with disabilities as part of the DDC’s first “Disability Pride Project.” So today, and all of this week, DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli introduces us to the people whose stories will inspire and encourage you.
We’ll visit with the people from OC Kayak to check out their Hobi Kayaks and Boats.
It’s Throwback Thursday, and Jim Duffy has a great story about the Bay Bridge!
Elena Urioste joins us virtually to chat about her festival…and she reveals a surprise!
The folks at Delaware Elevator give us an inside look at the history of their business, and into their production facility!
Chef Pat Benzin from Green Hill Country Club is our kitchen to make a delicious dish you can’t resist!
In The Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, there’s always a happy middle; we’ve found that perfect balance in our Steakhouse Salad! If you can’t give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinnertime, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don’t miss out!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) strip steak
- Montreal steak seasoning for sprinkling
- 1 (6-ounce) package spring mixed greens
- 1 tomato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing
What to Do
- Sprinkle steak evenly on both sides with steak seasoning. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Place steak on grill pan and cook 10 to 15 minutes for medium doneness, turning halfway through cooking. Let steak stand 5 minutes, then carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, arrange mixed greens, tomato chunks, and rings of onions on a serving platter. Top with steak slices and crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing and serve.