Today on DelmarvaLife –
It’s Most Wanted Monday and Lieutenant Tim Robinson of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office is back! He’s asking for your assistance in locating some individuals. If you call in your tip and it leads to an arrest, you will get a cash reward. Please call Crime Solvers, (410) 548-1776.
Our pets are smarter than we give them credit for. They know everything about us – our routines, when we get up, when we go to sleep, even when we eat. But, they also know when we’re getting ready to leave for vacation. Imagine if they got excited about you going on vacation because that means they get to spend time with friends and people who love them and will take care of them as great as you do. Well, that could be a possibility at Weeping Willow Kennels. Lisa recently visited to learn all about the vacation spot for dogs. If you like to find out more about Weeping Willow please visit their website or to schedule an appointment, call (410)-548-1515.
We’re doing our hardest to give you an extra dose of sunshine today. Katie’s visiting a sunflower field at Baywater Farms. She talks with Owner, Matt Holloway, to find out where you can find these little rays of sunshine.
When someone says vegan food, it can be a little off putting. How can it be good? Well, good news, you won’t have to question vegan food when Owner of Core Love Yoga and Fitness and Vegan, Kelcie Mahr, comes on the show. Everything she makes is absolutely delicious. Today will be no different. She’s making Vegan Tofu Scramble. Check out the recipe below:
Vegan Tofu Scramble-
16 oz organic super firm tofu -drained
12 oz mini tomatoes- sliced
8 oz mushrooms
1 green pepper
1 red onion
1- 15 oz can organic black beans drained and rinsed
1- 10 oz bag of steam-able corn
1-2 cups of baby spinach
1-2 tbsp of organic ground tumeric
Salt & Pepper to your taste
After draining tofu add to frying pan with olive oil.
Break apart in frying pan.
Fry approx 5 minutes
Add black beans, mushrooms, onions, peppers, corn, tomatoes and jalapeños.
Cook until veggies look tender to your taste.
Add baby spinach
Remove from heat.
Enjoy with some whole grain toast and fruit.
We’ve been talking a lot about fresh produce lately and I think one of the best things to have this time around is blueberries. Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes are a decadent, sweet breakfast treat that you will be wanting everyday. Full of cream cheese and juicy blueberries, this recipe is easy and delicious! Check it out below:
What You’ll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
What to Do
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt; with the back of a spoon, make a well in center of mixture. You’ll need this when you add the rest of the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese mixture, milk, butter, and vanilla; stir well. Pour into well of flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Gently stir in blueberries.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray, then heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook pancakes until the tops begin to bubble and the edges are golden. Flip pancakes and cook until both sides are golden. Repeat until all batter is used.
Test Kitchen Tips
- We think these are best when slathered with butter and drizzled with maple or a fruit-flavored syrup! There’s no better way to take these delicious pancakes over the top.