What’s Happening Today – July 26, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
From our Hot Topics:
This Thursday is the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company’s Annual Pony Auction. The pony swim and carnival were cancelled this year, but the auction will still happen online. You must register to bid: go to https://internethorseauctions.com/auction.php?aucid=425
The Delaware Developmental Disabilities Council is shining light on those with disabilities as part of the DDC’s first “Disability Pride Project.” So today, and all of this week, DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli introduces us to the people whose stories will inspire and encourage you.
Some folks seem to decide that they have better things to do than show up for their day in court, and that’s what makes them a “fugitive.” See if you recognize any of them in today’s Most Wanted Monday — it could net you a little cash.
Go find the dryer sheets, because in today’s Monday Memories, we’ll explain how they — and other items you might have lying around — can pull double duty.
We’re stopping by Coho’s Market and Grill. They can hook you up for a perfect day on the beach, or a cozy night at home!
We all know that the staff here at WBOC works hard at making newscasts for you, but did you know that they could cook? We have one of our reporters in the DelmarvaLife kitchen to bring you the “scoop” on crab dip!
-block of cream cheese
-8 oz of sour cream
-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
-bit of onion powder
-bit of garlic powder
-bit of paprika
-a little bit of lemon juice
Cook at 30 minutes at 325 degrees, and enjoy!
In The Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Let’s make sushi! Not a fan of sushi? No worries. Today Howard is making a fun and fruity way to enjoy an iconic Japanese dish while you watch the big games: Fruit Roll Sushi! This sweet and crunchy twist on traditional sushi is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike. So, gather around the table and get rolling!
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 marshmallows
- 2 cups crispy toasted rice cereal
- 4 (4-1/2-inch) square fruit roll-ups (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 assorted licorice or fruit twist sticks, cut in half crosswise
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal until completely coated.
- On a flat surface, unroll fruit roll-ups. Spread equal amounts of cereal mixture over each roll-up, covering entire surface and packing mixture flat.
- Place 3 different-colored licorice or fruit twists in center of each and roll tightly into a log, sealing where edges meet. Squeeze rolls gently to secure. Using a serrated knife, trim ends and slice into 1-inch pieces. Serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.