What’s Happening Today – July 24, 2018
Today on DelmarvaLife:
Here at DelmarvaLife, we have the greatest admiration for the incredible people here on Delmarva who call themselves “Special Olympic Athletes.” We have the honor of sitting down with Special Olympic Gold Medalist, Mark Wingate, and discuss his success in the Special Olympics Organization and the support he has received from the organization.
The Chincoteague Police Department debuted their lip sync video today! Check out the video here.
It’s the one thing in life that no one can avoid. It may not always be a popular topic of discussion, but it’s an important one, and that is funeral arrangement plans. As DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield shows us, the team at Bishop Hastings Funeral Home in Selbyville provides us with the proper information that may ease the burden of your loved ones down the road.
Joe White, owner of The Shrimp Boat in West Ocean City is hanging out with us today in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen. He will be showing us how to make a dish that will have the whole family coming back for more. We’re making Blackened Shrimp and Chicken Pasta.
- 8oz boneless chicken breast with skin off
- 6 peeled shrimp
- 8 oz of cooked linguini
- 4oz of blackening season
- 4oz of heavy cream
- 4oz of shredded Monterey cheese
- 1 table spoon of butter
- Pinch of Shrimp Boat spice
- Coat chicken first with blackening seasoning
- Sautee chicken in pan until half cooked, then remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Coat shrimp with blackening seasoning and add it to the same pan.
- Slice chicken while the shrimp cook.
- Add chicken back to pan with the shrimp. Add some butter to help carmelize the outside.
- Add heavy whipping cream and once it begins to bubble add linguini and cheese, shrimp boat spice, and finish with parsley.
We continue our giveaways in the 2018 DelmarvaLife Summer Guide. We announce five winners today. Will you be one of them?