What’s Happening Today – July 22, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
It’s Throwback Thursday, and our friend Jim Duffy is here with a story that will have you feeling much cooler.
Toys! One word, and the kids are jumping up and down, and excited; so imagine how they’ll feel about a World Of Toys!
Sadly, there’s a shortage of toys for big girls and boys; we’ll stop by Gateway Subaru to solve the mystery behind the sudden lack of new cars.
Who doesn’t want job security, with great benefits, great pay, and an opportunity to serve the community? The Maryland Department of Corrections is hiring, and we will have the details next!
We recently visited the Clear Space Theater in Rehoboth to preview their fantastic series of musicals coming up this summer. there was so much talent, we couldn’t fit it into one segment! Today, we have more spectacular music and fun from these talented young people!
The meteorologists from our sister station WRDE are in the house today; it’s going to be a storm of fun!
In The Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
This easy Amish recipe is a farm favorite, made from ruby red tomatoes bathed in a tangy homemade marinade. Take advantage of your homegrown tomatoes, or the ruby red beauties at the Amish market, and team this healthy salad with any of your favorite main dishes. These Amish Harvest Tomatoes are sure to be a family-style hit.
What You’ll Need
- 3 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into thin half-moon slices
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until sugar is dissolved. Pour over tomato mixture; mix well.
- Serve or cover and chill until ready to serve.