Today on DelmarvaLife –
When he was just a teenager, Racecar Driver, C.J. Faison made his debut on DelmarvaLife. He was chasing the dream of becoming a Nascar champion. Racing is still a part of C.J.’s life, but he’s branched out into other ventures like owning several businesses, being the president of a company, and being a Youtuber who travels the country to investigate haunted buildings. Today, we talk with C.J. about all of his adventures and what to look forward to in the future. To check out C.J.’s Youtube channel, click here.
In late 2016, he made his first appearance in Historic Studio D. AMillion the Poet told us that it was his nine-year old daughter that inspired him to make a difference in the world. Well, his daughter is older now and still continues to inspire him everyday. Today, we talk with AMillion to find out how he’s been holding up and what he’s been doing.
Our friends at Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art at Salisbury University have a message they want to shout from the rooftops. Welcome back! The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art officially reopens tomorrow and we’re talking with Executive Director, Kristin Sullivan to get all the details.
Packing the cooler for the beach can get to be quite complicated. Along with all the other stuff that is needed for the beach, you also need snacks and lunches. Well, we have just the answer. Registered Dietitian, Alyson Hickman, is showing us showing us how to make an easy beach snack and lunch; Melon Proscuitto Skewers and Creamy Jalepeno Chicken Pinwheels. Check out the recipes below:
Melon Prosciutto Skewers
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 4 skewers)
Calories per serving: 92
Nutrients per serving: 6g protein, 6 g carbs, and 5g fat
(Note: dipping sauce will add about 40 calories per serving)
6 slices prosciutto
2.5 oz Mozzarella pearls
(Dipping sauce ingredients)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp maple syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cantaloupe into small squares (or use a melon baller to make cantaloupe balls) and rip apart small bits of fresh Basil. Cut each strip of prosciutto into quarters.
- Arrange cantaloupe, folded prosciutto, basil, mozzarella, and more cantaloupe on each toothpick and pack up in your favorite container!
- If desired, make dipping sauce by whisking together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt & pepper.
Creamy Jalapeño Chicken Pinwheels
Servings: 5 (1 serving = 4 pinwheels)
Calories per serving: 261 calories
Nutrients per serving: 30g protein, 14.4g carbs, and 14g fat
2 extreme wellness tortillas
1 lb shredded chicken
8 oz low fat cream cheese
1 Tbsp everything bagel seasoning
1 large jalapeño
4 slices low-sodium turkey bacon
1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar
- Dice jalapeños into small bits and crumble cooked turkey bacon. Then in a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, everything bagel seasoning, crumbled turkey bacon, and jalapeño.
- Spread 1/2 cream cheese mixture onto flat tortilla, then sprinkle half the tortilla with 1/2 the shredded chicken. Roll up tightly, then slice tortilla into 10 slices (I cut off the very ends of each tortilla first). Repeat this step with remaining tortilla, filling, and chicken.
- Pack up into your favorite container and enjoy!
Little and big globs of goo. We all know what a Jellyfish looks like, but while they might look cool, have you ever been stung by one? And if you have, then you know that they’re no joke. Katie’s in Ocean City talking with Ocean City Beach Patrol Captain, Butch Arbin, to learn all about these creatures and what to do if you get stung.
Who doesn’t love pizza? Well, we sure do and we have a recipe that is the right amount of hearty, cheesy and beefy. Beefy Garlic Pizza will soon be your favorite go-to dinner recipe. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (see Tips)
- 1 (6-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; saute garlic 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add ground beef and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until completely browned, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid; stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 12- to 14-inch circle. Place on pizza pan. Using a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times. Spoon beef mixture evenly over pizza dough and top with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- If you’d prefer to use a prepared pizza shell, that will work here too.