What’s Happening Today – July 19, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
You want the beautiful blooms, but you don’t want to break your body while trying to get those blooms. Today on DelmarvaLife — we’re digging deep with our friends at Peninsula Home Care to help!
If you haven’t started your Christmas shopping…now is the perfect time for it! There are boys and girls out there who need just a little extra help making their Christmas a cheerful one; Toys For Tots and Jolly Roger in Ocean City are teaming up again this year to make that happen, but they need your help!
If you can produce a tip that leads to the capture of one of today’s Most Wanted, you could make a pretty penny.
Imagine: immaculate Italian flavors in your own kitchen…and guess what…you don’t even have to leave Delmarva to get them! 102.5 FM WBOC’s Leah Rizzo stopped by Una Bella Salute, in Berlin, where with just one step into the store, you’ll be whisked away by flavors from around the world.
An orchard that’s been on Delmarva for over 100 years, and now, just as the family is growing, so is T.S. Smith! We’ll show you their new market, and so much more.
A small town boy making big dreams come true. Zack Gelof is a Cape Henlopen High graduate who was just chosen last week by the Oakland Athletics in the second round of the Major League Baseball draft.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Sparks will surely fly at your table when you serve up our zesty-tasting Firecracker Barbecued Pork! We made this with a special-tasting glaze that combines the sweetness of barbecue sauce and marmalade, along with a kick of hot pepper sauce and horseradish, for an explosion of flavor in your mouth! This is one recipe we guarantee will have you saying, “OOH IT’S SO GOOD!!”™
What You’ll Need
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut a criss-cross diamond pattern into the top of pork about 1/4-inch deep. Season pork roast with salt and pepper and place in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour half the barbecue mixture over the pork.
- Roast 25 minutes, then pour the remaining sauce over the pork. Continue roasting 15 to 20 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. to 160 degrees F. Let roast sit 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve with sauce from pan.