What’s Happening Today – July 16, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
From our Hot Topics:
Today – we are welcoming a new member to our DelmarvaLife family. You may have seen her on the show before. You’ve probably heard her on the radio. We’re talking about 102.5 FM WBOC’s Leah Rizzo.
It’s FRIDAY! What’s better than being one day away from the weekend? Meeting some new furry friends! It’s Pet Connect!
Just by the looks of it, you could spend hours, days, weeks, checking out the funky, the fun and the fabulous at Pottery Place and Perks Cafe!
A community foundation can serve as so much more than just a source of funding; it can become the foundation for the close-knit and cultural characteristics that a town needs in order to prosper. The Milton Community Foundation was originally established in 2005 to bring a horseshoe crab and shorebird festival to the city; but it has done so much more for Milton since then.
The Tangier Sound off the coast of Crisfield is one of the most beautiful and breathtaking sites on Delmarva. It’s also a great place to launch a Chesapeake Bay fishing trip. This fall, there will be plenty of anglers in the Bay for the Third Annual Tangier Classic.
Bryan Scar supplies the Friday vibes with a performance from the Mid South Audio Stage in Milton.
Who’s hungry?…Who’s thirsty?…Perfect! Katie Zarrilli is at Benvenuto Restaurant in Milford where we’re going to meet and learn about the Master Mixologist who’s come to take the menu here to the next level.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
If you’re serving up an Italian dinner, then you’re probably searching for the perfect garlic bread recipe. Well, our garlic bread has not just one, not just two, but THREE different kinds of cheeses to make it the ultimate combination of cheesy and garlic that will take your Italian-style dinner night to the next level. Our Three Cheese Garlic Bread will have everyone saying, “molto bene!” That’s, “very good,” in Italian!
What You’ll Need
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place bread on a baking sheet.
- In a small skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté until golden, stirring occasionally. (If you cook it over high heat, it will burn and have a bitter taste). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses, the salt, milk, and garlic; mix until well combined. Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of bread and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is heated through. Slice and enjoy.