What’s Happening Today – July 13th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
A monumental swim to honor a life lost too soon. Teammates of the Fruitland man who died after his box truck went off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, are getting together to swim 18 miles along the bridge in their friends memory. The event raises money for Mezick’s family. Erik Mezick’s brother explains why it means so much.
Starting a business is not always easy. It takes hard work, dedication, and money. With a family business, the stakes can be higher. so, how do you get it right? For one family-owned business in Salisbury, the answer became abundantly clear the very day they opened their doors for the first time. And now, That* Furniture Store is not only surviving, it’s thriving.
Consider it a country club for everyone. We take you to the beautiful Green Hill Country Club, in Quantico, to show you what makes this an ideal opportunity for making memories with friends and family.
It’s a new start for the Academy Art Museum, in Easton, and for its new director, Sarah Jesse. DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli puts Sarah in the hot seat, all in an effort to get to know her.
If you want to enjoy your porch for years to come, you have to protect it. We’ll show you how easy a Porch Protection Systems is to maintain, and how well it keeps out the elements.
It might possibly be one of the hardest decisions you make in your life, and you only want to make it once. We visit Delmar Assisted Living to learn the important things to consider w hen you have to place a loved one in an assisted living facility.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
It’s time to get into vacation mode with our Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie! It’ll take you to the beach without ever leaving the comfort of your own backyard. You can make it with yummy classic margarita flavors, but we made this no-bake dessert even better with the combination of strawberry and lime that you find in your favorite frozen strawberry margarita! It’s a fun summertime recipe that will make you feel like you’re at a tropical resort.
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup frozen margarita mix concentrate, thawed (from a 6-ounce can)
- 2 drops red food color
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzels and butter; mix well. Press mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate, forming a crust. Chill at least 1 hour.
- In another medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, margarita mix, and food color until well blended. Gently fold in whipped topping and strawberries until well combined.
- Pour into pretzel pie crust and freeze at least 4 hours, or until firm. Serve or cover and keep frozen until ready to enjoy.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Fancy it up! Make our Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie the talk of the block by garnishing the top with a bit more whipped topping, along with sliced limes and juicy strawberries.
- Having the oven on in the summer can be sweltering! Keep cool with our No-Cook Quick Summer Recipes that are sure to impress!
- Speaking of sweltering, beat the summer heat with these Cool Summer Drink Recipes!