Today on DelmarvaLife –
We talk about the affect the pandemic may be having on teenagers. TidalHealth‘s Dr. Lauren McGovern discusses red flags that may indicate our kids are struggling. She also tells us about a teen mental health talk that’s happening virtually, Monday, February 1st. Click here for more information.
The 9th annual Delaware Tech Terry Campus Chocolate 5k run/walk has been transitioned to a virtual event that will take place throughout the month of February 2021, with proceeds raised benefiting the Campus Emergency Fund for Students. We find out how it works and how you will still get your fill of chocolate.
Social media helped connect a dog, found in Salisbury, to it’s owner in Laurel. We have that story and dogs and cats that are in local shelters awaiting to be placed in their forever homes.
A project to help stray cats stay warm during the winter months is looking for help. Faithful Friends Animal Society and Delaware Humane Association partner up to build cat shelters. We learn about this project and the groups’ mission to help control the cat population.
It’s the last show of the month, so we highlight “All that is Good” in an attempt to end the week with a smile on your face.
We’re taking a new and delicious approach to the chocolate eclair! Our no-bake Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe is sure to please those with the most discerning taste in desserts. After all, who could resist a dessert that features layers of extra-creamy pudding between tasty graham crackers? Not us! Top all that off with delicious chocolate frosting, and you’ve got an easy chocolate eclair cake recipe that puts most other desserts to shame! Make this Chocolate Eclair Cake for a crowd, or keep it at home for the family; either way this chocolate eclair dessert recipe is going to be absolutely luscuious.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (14.4-ounce) box honey graham crackers (see Tip)
- 2 (4-serving size) packages French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) container ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Line the bottom of an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish with one-third of the graham crackers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk; add whipped topping, stirring until mixture is thickened.
- Spread half the pudding mixture over graham crackers in baking dish. Repeat layers with one-third of graham crackers and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining graham crackers. Spread with chocolate frosting. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, or until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- One box of graham crackers contains 3 individually wrapped packages of crackers. Use one package for each layer of this decadent no-bake dessert. And if you want to make your own chocolate frosting for these eclairs, then be sure to check out our recipe for Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- No-bake dessert recipes are great when you don’t feel like turning on the oven. Luckily, we’ve got a whole bunch of them for you to try in our No Bake Desserts Free eCookbook.
- Are you a chocolate fan? Then you’re going to love the chocolate dessert recipes (like the Triple Chocolate Mess!) featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
- Plus, don’t miss out on our other chocolate eclair desserts like our French Bakery Eclair Cake, Bakery Style Eclairs, or Creamy Cloud Eclairs!