Today on DelmarvaLife –
On Friday, January 15th, a Salisbury woman was hit by a car while on a run. She’s okay, but is working to spread a message about safety to runners and drivers alike. We talk with Vanessa Junkin, who also writes about running in her blog, “She Runs by the Seashore,” about the little things both need to remember when out on the roads.
Operation We Care has a mission to support troops overseas with goodie boxes from home. Since COVID-19, the group has expanded its mission to support healthcare workers on the frontlines of the Coronavirus.
Wall Street was recently rigged by a whole new generation of investors. We talk with Dr. Ani Mathers, Associate Dean of the Perdue School of Business at Salisbury University to find out why the so-called “Reddit Traders” are going after the establishment and how it could be a short-lived victory.
Finishing touches are in the works on a 16-bed explansion at Delmar Assisted Living. We can an update on “Delmar Estates.”
If you are looking for kindness, look no further than a Fruitland woman’s front yard. That’s where you’ll find the Kindness Box. We talk with Deborah Ritterson about her mission to help those who need it most.
Delmarva summers are hot and sometimes, dry. That can be tough on farmers. That’s where teams like the one at Hoffman Irrigation step up to the plate. Katie shows us why they’re game changers.
It doesn’t matter when you get a craving for our Bacon Corn Bread, this fun twist on a Southern favorite is good anytime of the year! Serve it slathered in butter during the summer, or alongside steaming chili in the winter; start your day with a bacon-y breakfast bread, or end it with the perfect dinner side. This easy corn bread recipe is going to be a yummy part of any meal, anytime!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, milk, egg, and butter. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until mixed. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, then cut into squares and serve warm.
Check This Out!
- We can’t get enough corn bread! If you loved this Bacon Corn Bread recipe, be sure to try our Corn Bread Pudding and our Crazy Corn Dog Muffins!
- If you’re looking for dinner rolls that are sure to impress, check out our Homemade Pretzel Rolls, or our classic Better Buttermilk Biscuits.
- This Bacon Corn Bread recipe is the perfect side to our saucy Hillbilly Ribs or our Fire Station Chili!