What’s Happening Today – January 15, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Historian Mike Dixon is presenting a program next week called, “Delmarva During the 1918 Pandemic” at the Selbyville Public Library. We talk with Mike about the research he has done on the pandemic and the similarities between then and now.
“The Pack Gives Back” is an effort by Pet Wants in Rehoboth Beach to collect donations for local animal rescue organizations. We find out how it works.
The Brandywine Valley SPCA is holding another drive-thru pet pantry Monday, January 18th. Marketing Director, Linda Torelli joins us to talk about this ongoing effort and how it works.
If you love cats and you love yoga, The Humane Society of Wicomico County is offering both. Yoga with Cats is happening at the Salisbury shelter Thursday, January 28th at 6 p.m. Click here to register.
You can help control the pet population by welcoming a shelter pet into your family. We have plenty of options in our Pet Connect.
Consumer interest in alternative healthcare is growing and shows no signs of slowing down. That may be because of increasingly favorable attitudes toward a holistic approach to wellness. That’s a trend Peninsula Wellness is seeing first hand. We visit their new wellness campus.
Joey Faulkerson of Dover performs from the Mid South Audio studios in Milton. Faulkerson, who is a guitar teacher and repairman, once toured with Chubby Checker.
This recipe is a copycat version of a popular candy bar that’s full of crispy, peanut buttery goodness. Our Whatdoyoucallem Bars deliver that same combination of ooey-gooey, chocolate, and peanut butter yumminess that you love, in a homemade form!
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 6 cups peanut butter crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot over low heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal; mix until evenly coated. Spoon mixture into baking dish and evenly press down.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter. Add condensed milk, corn syrup, vanilla, and brown sugar; cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until thickened and golden in color, stirring constantly. Evenly pour over cereal mixture; set aside 15 minutes.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 60 to 90 seconds, or until smooth, stirring occasionally. Gently spread over caramel mixture. Let cool 1 hour, or until firm, then cut into bars.