What’s Happening Today – Jan. 9, 2018
Today on DelmarvaLife –
There are some beautiful, snowy sights in the sky this time of year! We’re talking about snow geese, snowy owls and snow bunting. We’re bringing in an expert, Dave Wilson, Principal of Conservation Community Consulting to get some insight on how we can see these beautiful birds for ourselves. It’s their season to shine, and if you haven’t been lucky enough to see some for yourself on Delmarva, today, we’re learning about the perfect opportunity.
We’re learning about a story that proves a that our four-legged friends really are man’s best friend. Aaron Balsamo and his dog, Errol, both served together in the United States Air Force. Today, they’re sitting down with us so we can learn about their bond and how they are back together after years apart.
We’re putting together another delicious dish in the DelmarvaLife kitchen. Chef Joe White from the Shrimp Boat is here to show us his version of shrimp scampi. We have a feeling you’ll want to make his version, your version.
- 1lb of Shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic or 1/4 cup of chopped garlic
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh chopped Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of Shrimp Boat Spice
- Sauté shrimp with olive oil over medium heat until pink. Remove the shrimp then add garlic, wine, lemon and parsley to the sauté pan. Cook until the sauce is reduced to half.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add shrimp back into sauce. Add butter. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes. Then plate.
It’s been just little more than a week and a half into the new year and we want to know if you are still sticking to your guns when it comes to your New Year’s resolution. We sent 102.5 WBOC’s Corey Phoebus out and about on Delmarva to see how our fellow friends and neighbors are doing so far.