What’s Happening Today – Jan. 2, 2017
Today on DelmarvaLife:
It’s a new year, we have a new look, and new shows! We’re ready to kick off our sixth season with you Delmarva! We cannot wait to unveil the new Mid South Audio Stage on Friday, January 5 as well.
We introduce you to Salisbury’s Shawn Felder. He’s fit us into his very tight schedule of traveling around the world with the American Red Cross to lend a hand when there’s a need. We’ll hear about his experiences as a volunteer – and how it gives just as much back to him, as it does to those he helps.
We’re hanging out with the group “M4 Reactor.” Hear how “STEM” is at the forefront of what this program is all about, and how you can get yourself, or your little ones involved.
We’re in the DelmarvaLife kitchen, where chef Sharliena Berry will take the lead and show us how to whip up “Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Dip.”
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 Cup of sour cream
- 1 Whole Kielbasa Link Diced small
- 6 Pieces of bacon cooked and diced small
- 1 small 4.5 oz can of green peppers mild
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 small green pepper diced small
- 1/4 cup of sriracha
- 2 & 3/4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup
- for topping)
- 6 Stems of green onion diced (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 3 cups of cooked black-eyed peas
- In a medium frying pan cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon set aside. Add sausage to pan and cook until browned.
- In a large bowl add softened cream cheese, sour cream, green peppers, sriracha, and 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
- Next, to the cream cheese mixture add bacon, sausage, green onions, corn, green peppers and black-eyed peas and combine.
- In an oven-safe glass bowl or pan add mixture and top with remaining cheese. Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with green onions and serve with your favorite chips.
You don’t want to miss our blooper reel at the end of the show! We’re showing you our most funny moments from 2017 that didn’t make it on air.