What’s Happening Today – Friday, June 25th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Let’s start the weekend with some singing! The folks from Clear Space Theatre are preparing to bring the sounds of Broadway to Delmarva…and we have a sneak peak!
Christmas in July is a way to get a jump-start on the 2021 Toys For Tots campaign. Here to tell us more are Jeff Horn, the Media Coordinator for The Nassau Delaware Local Campaign Organization of the Marine Toys For Tots Foundation; and Grady Putnam, the Nassau LCO Assistant Coordinator.
We can’t have a Friday here on DelmarvaLife without bringing you some fidos and felines that want to find friendship, in our Pet Connect!
Jack Wright will perform from the Mid-South Audio Stage!
Denise Clemons is author of the cookbook, “A Culinary History of Southern Delaware” and a food columnist to the Cape Gazette. She’s here in our kitchen to make Lettuce Wraps!
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Have you ever tried a Fluffernutter sandwich? If you haven’t, oh boy, you’re missing out! Our Grilled PB & M has a little bit of a twist on this classic peanut butter and marshmallow creme classic! We take it to the next level by adding a little bit of butter to each side, and cooking it up like a grilled cheese! Talk about a comforting classic.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 8 thick slices egg bread (challah)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
What to Do
- Spread the marshmallow creme evenly over 4 slices of bread.
- Spread peanut butter over remaining 4 slices of bread and place peanut butter side down over the marshmallow creme; to make sandwiches. Spread 1 tablespoon butter, evenly on top of all 4 sandwiches.
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Place sandwiches buttered-side up in the skillet in batches, if necessary, and cook about 1 minute per side. Turn sandwiches over and cook 1 more minute or until golden and the peanut butter and the marshmallow crème begin to melt. Serve immediately.
- Did you know that New Englanders are very passionate about the Fluffernutter? Really, we can’t blame them. If you want more New England favorites, check out our Boston Baked Beans, this scrumptious Dublin Lobster, and of course, our Awesome Blueberry Pie!
- Are you peanut butter obsessed? If so you have to check out our Bacon Peanut Butter Mug Cake, and our 5-Star Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake! Talk about YUM!