What’s Happening Today – February 3, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We talk about the five legal matters you should take care of this year with Attorney Kelly Dunn Gelof, with Tunnell & Raysor, in Sussex County.
A local assisted living facility is bringing residents closer to their friends and family without putting them at risk for COVID. 102.5, WBOC’s Corey Phoebus shows us how Delmar Assisted Living is using pods.
We introduce you to a different kind of flower – no water needed. Katie stops by Cookie’s Paper Petals in Milford to see how you can take your decor to the next level.
In less than two weeks, you have the power to show someone just how much they mean to you with the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. The team at Ocean View Jewelers takes the time to really get to know and understand what you’re looking for in a gift.
Sharliena Berry-Jenkins of Karmic Creations Catering shows us how to make Taco Grilled Cheese and Queso Tomato Soup.
Beef Taco Grilled Cheese
Queso Tomato Soup
Looking to shake up the menu at your game day bash? If so, then you need to make these Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. They’ve got a crispy seasoned coating that makes them really addictive. And when they’re drizzled with our homemade honey BBQ sauce, you can bet they’re going to make ’em disappear!
What You’ll Need
- 6 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cereal, paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add chicken to egg mixture and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from egg mixture and toss in cereal mixture, coating on all sides. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine barbecue sauce and honey, and heat until warm. Drizzle chicken bites with sauce mixture and serve.
For even more game day ideas, be sure to check out our Winning Game Day Menus!
From our Hot Topics
Members of Amy’s Army are collecting Donations for local seniors who have been the most isolated during the pandemic. If you can donate snacks, blankets, bird feeders, or cash, Amy’s Army will make sure the seniors who need it most will benefit. Monetary check donations for items to be purchased can be mailed to: Amy’s Army, P.O. Box 171, Queenstown, MD, 21658.
The Polka Dot Powerhouse in Lewes relauches March 3rd.