What’s Happening Today – February 15, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We investigate Cape Henlopen State Park‘s Instagram to see how they use the social media to educate through the pandemic.
We profile some fugitives from the law in today’s Most Wanted Monday.
From showing decades of dirt and scuff marks, to shining like brand new. That’s what happens when Worm’s Carpet Care strip and wax your floors. Katie tags along with them to a job to see how it’s done.
Ocean City teenager, Zander Jett is a budding musician with great talent and aspirations. He just wrote and released a new song called, “If You’re Leaving.” We talk to him and see the video he and a friend produced for the song.
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval–they’re that good! Our Presidential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won’t want to pass up on these!
What You’ll Need
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer, 1 stick butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar, until creamy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, and beat until fluffy. Add 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine Streusel Topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly. Evenly spoon streusel mixture on top of batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
In our Monday Memories, we look back to a story we did in February, 2016 when we saw what happens during a day in the life of a maintenance supervisor at Assateague National Seashore.