Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’re showing some love to the land today – more specifically, a group that works tirelessly to protect the land. Our focus is on the dedicated group that works to keep Delaware Wild Lands thriving. We dig into their dedication and drive.
Captain Tim Robinson, with the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office is in search of a few valentines. We show you who he has his eyes on, and how you can help him find them. It could lead to some extra cash in your pocket.
It’s the perfect day to get a lesson on the science of chocolate. Chef Jill Siena shows us the good, the bad, and the ugly (yes, there is an ugly) when it comes to the sweet stuff. She’ll also help us step up our ganache game!
The time has almost come for us to crown the Cutest Couple on Delmarva, as voted for by YOU, our DelmarvaLife audience. We’ll announce the winner of the $200 Visa gift card, thanks to Edible Arrangements.
The team in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen shows us how to make Salted Chocolate Pretzel Toffee. The recipe is below. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 3 cups thin pretzels, broken into pieces
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Spread broken pretzels in pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes without stirring. Carefully pour over pretzels. (Mixture will be very hot.)
- Bake 5 minutes, then place pan on cooling rack and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top. When chocolate is melted, after about 2 minutes, spread evenly over toffee. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool 2 to 3 hours, or until hard. Break into pieces.