Today on DelmarvaLife –
The chill is in the air, and one place you don’t want to feel the nip is in your home. DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli shows us how Peninsula Oil and Propane and its eight decades of experience can help.
If you are in the market to buy or sell a home, we have some insight on why you’ll want a professional by your side the entire time. Find out how Pam Price, Remax Coast and Country can guide you from pre-approval through the moment the keys to your new home are in your hand.
During this season of giving, we surprise the winner of a dream bath makeover, thanks to our friends at Herl’s Bath and Tile Solutions.
It’s Most Wanted Monday. Lt. Tim Robinson of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office has a list of six people, he says, are wanted by local law enforcement. A tip to Crimesolvers that leads to an arrest could net you some cash.
Food blogger, Alyson Hickman of “Healthful Cravings” joins us in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen with three simple recipes that will make the holidays simple.
Gooey Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
6 Tbsp Truvia
6 Tbsp light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg white
1 Tbsp skim milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Calories per serving: 95
Protein per serving: 2g
Carbs per serving: 13g
Fat per serving: 6g
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add Truvia, brown sugar, oil, butter, vanilla, egg white, and milk to large bowl and mix well using electric mixer, hand mixer, or whisk. Then add flour, protein powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Then fold in chocolate chips.
3. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet into 21 balls (about 1.5-2 Tbsp each) and bake for ~8 mins until golden on top. Use spatula to transfer to plate and enjoy! \uD83D\uDE0B
10 oz potato puffs (thawed and crumbled)
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup broccoli florets
4 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
6 large eggs
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
Calories per serving: 156
Protein per serving: 9g
Carbs per serving: 12g
Fat per serving: 8g
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour crumbled potato puffs into ungreased pie pan, and pat flat and around edges to make crust.
2. Add tomatoes, broccoli florets, garlic, and feta cheese into pan with crust. In a separate bowl, scramble eggs, milk, and spices and pour over top vegetables.
3. Bake for ~10 mins. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then place back into oven for 5-7 more mins until cheese is melted. Slice into 8ths and enjoy!
We announce another three winners in our Holiday Guide Giveaway! You could win one of more than 80 daily prizes to many of your favorite local businesses. Plus, with our holiday coupons, you can save money on gifts for the entire family. To enter our Holiday Guide, to read the rules, or to check out the incredible savings, click here.
Do you know someone who has a birthday or wedding anniversary coming up? A great way to celebrate is with a DelmarvaLife Occasion. Submit your occasion here.