What’s Happening Today – December 8, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
The cold and flu season on the Delmarva Peninsula is well underway. If you have not received your flu vaccination, it is not too late, and it is the best protection against catching the flu. In addition, the Delmarva Peninsula is now experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases affecting hospital Emergency Departments and inpatient units. We talk with Clincial Quality Specialist Gail Lemay with TidalHealth Peninsula Regional’s Emergency Department about what you should consider before making a trip to the emergency room.
COVID-19 has changed the way we clean and sanitize our spaces. The crew at Heather’s Homeworks knows that best. They have taken training courses on how to be sure that the homes they clean are virus free.
Finding gifts that are personal can be a challenge. Robinson’s Family of Businesses can help you overcome that challenge with their engraving and embroidering services. Find out how easy it is to personalize just about anything.
We take you to Una Bella Salute in Berlin to show you their solid stock of some of the finest extra virgin olive oils and aged balsamic vinegars on the market today.
When you hear the name Pottery Place, you might assume this place sells pottery — and it does, but when you step inside you’ll find there’s so much more.
Melt-Away Peanut Butter Fudge
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn’t going to make it easy. Our Melt Away Peanut Butter Fudge is perfect for get-togethers and potlucks, but we totally understand if you want to keep it all for yourself.
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, evaporated milk, and sugar; cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into baking dish and spread evenly. Cool and refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen Tips
- You’ve got to try our irresistible and decadent Super Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes! There’s a sweet recipe for every occasion.
- Nothing says “Happy Holidays!” like homemade fudge. For more great fudge to gift your favorite people check out our recipes for Chocolate Walnut Fudge and Holiday Gingerbread Fudge too!
- Peanut butter fudge makes a great homemade gift, and we’ve got plenty more ideas where that came from with our collection of Homemade Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen!
Consider it our Christmas gift to you! The 2020 DelmarvaLife Holiday Guide is back, full of savings and surprises! With our holiday coupons to local businesses, you can save money on gifts for the entire family. Just print them out at home or pull them up on your phone when you’re shopping. Plus, you could win one of more than forty daily prizes to many of your favorite local businesses! Enter daily for additional chances to win and sign up today to get the latest deals and coupons. The savings start this season at DelmarvaLife.com/Holiday.
Our annual effort to “Bless Our Children” to ensure every child on Delmarva has a magical Christmas, is underway. This year, the need is so much greater than in the best. We’ve raised more than 156,000 dollars and that will help a lot of families. But, we have a long way to go to ensure every child on Delmarva has a gift to open Christmas morning. If you’d like to donate, send us a card with a check to 1729 North Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD, 21801 or donate online at blessourchildren.org. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for giving such a difficult year.