Today on DelmarvaLife –
Sleep is important to stay healthy. With COVID-19, sleep is vital. Unfortunately, stress created by the pandemic is leaving many without sleep. We talk with Board Certified Sleep Disorders and Pulmonary Specialist Dr. Jacques Conaway from TidalHealth about how to get the coveted shuteye.
Last month, we told you about one man’s effort to clean up his community. That means picking up trash wherever he can find it. This month, he’s gone viral. We talk with Craig Faunce about what inspired the effort and how we can get involved.
We’re getting into the Christmas spirit with some sweets sounds of the season. We’re getting those sounds from Harpist, Joy Slavens. She’s performing “Silent Night” and “Silver Bells.”
What made you smile this week? Perhaps, it was a trouble-making tree or zooming with Santa Claus or learning who the winner of the Delmarva’s Neediest Roof contest was? There were so many good moments that happened this week. We’re reliving them all in todays, “All That is Good.”
A historic hub located in between Talbot and Queen Anne’s County with fantastic flavors, one-of-a-kind items, and festive fun…can you guess what it is? We’re talking with Rhonda Corder with the Old Wye Grist Mill, about a “Limited Crowd Christmas.”
As we get closer and closer to the rollout of the Coronavirus Vaccine, many are wondering where they stand in line to get it. The New York Times has just released an article giving you a rough idea of where you stand. All of you have to do is enter basic information such as your age, what county you live in, if you work in the health field, and if you have any COVID-related health risks. Click the link to find out: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html?fbclid=IwAR1uHjYuDRvlQ2lf_ftIhmw3pkw9gDSVIwKjiI1qDeP0IWpEgYD_vN4FCbk.
With fewer people out and about this holiday season, there’s less money going into the Salvation Army Red Kettles. They are reporting in-person kettle donations are down 46 percent. To donate online, visit www.rescuechristmas.org.
This year with holiday entertaining taking on a whole new mindset, these fill-ya-up Secret Ingredient Stuffed Mushrooms should be tops on your “must make” list. You see, by using U.S. Farm-Raised catfish as our secret ingredient, it keeps these super moist, packed with protein, and holiday special.
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 pound Baby Bella mushrooms (about 18 to 20)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place catfish on baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until fish is firm in center; let cool. Gently flake catfish and set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushroom caps on baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray again.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Swiss cheese, scallions, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, the crushed red pepper, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Gently stir in flaked catfish.
- Using a teaspoon, mound mushroom caps with catfish mixture. In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and the 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Sprinkle mixture over mushrooms.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until warmed through and lightly golden.
Check This Out!
- For more amazing catfish recipes, visit The Catfish Institute!
- Try our Barbecue Chip Catfish, or our Buffalo Style Catfish Sliders.
- For more party appetizers, make our Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers, our BLT Bites, or our Come-‘n’-Get-It Sampler Platter!
You have an opportunity to help local families that are struggling to make the holidays happy this year. WBOC’s Bless Our Children campaign is underway. We’ve already raised more than 116,000 dollars, but with a year like 2020 – a lot of families need help. If you’d like to donate, send us a card with a check to Bless Our Children in care of WBOC or donate online at WBOC.com. From the bottom of our hearts – we thank you for giving during such a difficult year.
The 2020 DelmarvaLife Holiday Guide is back! With our holiday coupons to local businesses, you can save money on gifts for the entire family. Just print them out at home or pull them up when you’re shopping. Plus, you could win one of more than forty daily prizes to many of your favorite local businesses! Enter daily for additional chances to win and sign up today to get the latest deals. The savings start at delmarvalife.com/holiday.