Today on DelmarvaLife –
It’s the perfect Christmas gift for Dogfish Head lovers all over. Katie stops by Dogfish Head Brewery, in Milton, to talk to the authors of, “The Dogfish Head Book: 26 Years of Off-Centered Adventures.”
Doing laundry is one thing, folding it is another. We find out how you can get both done affordably as Lisa stops by Wash It N’ Fold It. She also gets a look at the new state-of-the-art washers and dryers at Wash It Laundromat.
These are the days when memory making is magical. We show you how they make memories for the residents at Delmar Assisted Living.
Katie visits Playa Bowls, in Easton, where they over Acai bowls, Pitaya bowls, oatmeal, juices, smoothies and more.
Instead of that same ol’ baked sweet potato casserole for Christmas this year, we’ve come up with a new recipe, that’s got a bit of a regal feel. What really gives our Caramelized Sweet Potato Crowns a special something is the ooey, gooey butter pecan topping that has just enough crunch to compliment the creamy potatoes! This new can’t-resist twist on an old-time favorite is guaranteed to get everyone excited for Christmas dinner!
What You’ll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large unpeeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch slices with ends discarded
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and salt; mix well. Add sweet potato slices and toss until evenly coated. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of each potato and return to oven; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar is melted and nuts start to toast up. Serve immediately.
- Since these are perfect around the holidays, you can make them even more decadent by drizzling some sweet maple syrup right before serving for that extra-special touch!
- For one of our favorite Christmas dinner meals, pair this with Roasted Holiday Prime Rib, our Holiday Cabbage Casserole, and these too-good-to-true Better Buttermilk Biscuits! With a winning combo like this, no one will even care about presents this year!
- For more baked sweet potato recipes try our holiday-favorite Down Home Sweet Potato Casserole or this yummy Harvest Vegetable Bake!
- When it comes to holiday desserts, we’ve got the best pies around! If you want something rich and creamy whip up our Chocolate Fudge Pie, or, for more of a classic taste try our Cheddar Crumb Topped Apple Pie, or for something extra-special, maybe you prefer a slice of Caramel Peanut Pumpkin Pie! With so many amazing pie recipes, we’ve got something to satisfy every sweet tooth at the table!