What’s Happening Today – December 11, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We all have those ornaments that have special stories behind them. You know the ones, when you pull them out of the box and hang them on the tree, you just smile? Maybe they take you back to a place or a person. We will be showing some of our favorites and want to see your favorite ornaments, too.
Not too many business can claim they have more than a century of experience behind them. Kuhn’s Jewelers in Salisbury has more than 160 years of helping customers sparkle. We visit the store that counts how long its reputation has stood strong by generations, not just years.
102.5 WBOC’S Corey Phoebus checks out the Subaru Crosstrek at Gateway Subaru.
Dining Room Chicken
Here’s a dish that’s worthy of being served in a fancy dining room! Our Dining Room Chicken recipe looks and tastes like it was made in a restaurant, but is actually easy enough to whip up anytime. Your guests won’t believe you made it yourself!
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken (3 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (17-ounce) can apricot halves in syrup, drained, chopped, and divided, with syrup reserved
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Rub mixture over chicken then place chicken in pan; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining brown sugar, the cornstarch, cranberry sauce, half the apricots, and the reserved syrup; mix well.
- Uncover chicken and pour cranberry mixture over it; return chicken to oven and bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 additional minutes, or until juices run clear. Place chicken on a serving platter and garnish with remaining apricot pieces.
- These leftovers make a great special fruity chicken salad. Just cut the chicken into chunks and toss with mayonnaise.
- To make sure your gang enjoys every last bit of this delicious sauce, be sure to serve this with our Festive Rice.
Consider it our Christmas gift to you! The 2020 DelmarvaLife Holiday Guide is back, full of savings and surprises! With our holiday coupons to local businesses, you can save money on gifts for the entire family. Just print them out at home or pull them up on your phone when you’re shopping. Plus, you could win one of more than forty daily prizes to many of your favorite local businesses! Enter daily for additional chances to win and sign up today to get the latest deals and coupons. The savings start this season at DelmarvaLife.com/Holiday.
Our annual effort to “Bless Our Children” to ensure every child on Delmarva has a magical Christmas, is underway. This year, the need is so much greater than in the best. We’ve raised more than 156,000 dollars and that will help a lot of families. But, we have a long way to go to ensure every child on Delmarva has a gift to open Christmas morning. If you’d like to donate, send us a card with a check to 1729 North Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD, 21801 or donate online at blessourchildren.org. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for giving such a difficult year.