What’s Happening Today – Dec. 13, 2017
Today on DelmarvaLife:
We are less than two weeks away from Christmas, Chanukkah started last night. If you haven’t, at least, started on your holiday shopping, it’s time to get on it! You can never go wrong with jewelry. DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield stops by Park Place Jewelers in Ocean City, where you’ll always find the trendiest and most-wanted gifts of bling. See what’s hot this holiday season!
Maybe you’re thinking more practical – perhaps something to help get you from Point A to Point B. We’re also talking car care today. You can actually gift someone the peace of mind that comes with a well-running vehicle. We stop by Meineke Car Care Center in Lewes to find out how. We’ll also learn more about this family-run business.
You can have all of the gifts and treasure in the world, but if you are not in a safe and secure home, it doesn’t matter. Your cable and internet provider may be able to help with that. We’ll show you how, with Xfinity, you can keep track of the goings-on in your home, whether you’re inside it, or far, far away.
You don’t want to be far away from your television, just like we don’t want to be far away from the DelmarvaLife Kitchen when Chef Dan Mears and Jeremiah Burns, from The Rabbit Hole and Cultured Corners Food Truck, get cooking today. They’re putting together a crab cake benedict.
Crab Cake Benedict
Serves 4 Guests
- 4 English Muffins
- 8 Slices of Thick Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 4 Fresh Eggs
- 4 Crab Cakes
- Cheese Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons OLD BAY®
- 2 teaspoons Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- Mix bread, mayonnaise, OLD BAY, parsley, mustard and egg in large bowl until well blended.
- Gently stir in crab meat & shape into 4 patties.
- Broil 10 minutes without turning, or fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with additional OLD BAY, if desired.
Old Bay Cheese Sauce
- 4 Oz Chesapeake Bay Farms Old Bay Cheddar
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 C Chesapeake Bay Farms Whole Milk
- Heat Milk and Cream Cheese in a Pan
- Add Shredded Cheddar until incorporated.
We’re hanging out with one of our buddies who has four legs and is covered in fur – Marshall P. Muskrat. Marshall is getting ready to be the star of the show in Princess Anne, as the town prepares for its annual Midnight Muskrat Dive on New Year’s Eve. Somerset County Tourism Director Julie Widdowson tells us what’s on the lineup this year, at this family-friendly event.
We also focus on something that usually doesn’t come up in everyday conversations: litigation. Does just the word scare you? Don’t let it, because knowledge is power, and if you ever find yourself facing litigation, after today, you’ll have the knowledge you need to know what you’re doing. Attorney Chase Brockstedt with the law firm Baird Mandalas Brockstedt, LLC is here to help.