What’s Happening Today — August 8, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
You know we’re all about fun here at DelmarvaLife, so we’ll kick off the show today with…Funland!!!
It’s not so fun to lose your license, and the process of getting it back, well it could be even less fun. The fine folks from Tunnell & Raysor chat with us about the headaches you could face if you’re caught having a little too much fun behind the wheel.
Some people think it’s fun to run from the law; the Wicomico Sheriff’s Office isn’t about it. You could score some extra cash if you can help track them down in our Most Wanted Monday!
Lisa takes us back to her Wallops Island visit about six years ago…when they were celebrating seventy years of all things space.
Handmade pasta. Authentic marinara sauce. Fresh mozzarella. You might think you have to go all the way to Italy for the good stuff. But the truth is, you can find it in Seaford! Step into Maria’s Bella Cucina Italian Market and you’ve basically been transported to the Italian countryside.
In the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Say “so-long” to that same boring side dish you make every night! We’re introducing something new that’s packed with light, bright, beautiful flavor and a healthy twist. You’re gonna love our Garden Quinoa Toss! Along with being tasty, this dish is an easy way to sneak in a serving of veggies. One thing’s for certain, this easy throw-together salad is the answer to all your kitchen woes.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup (1/2-inch dice) seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 (7.75-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Place in a large bowl; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare Lemon Vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, chickpeas and vinaigrette to the quinoa; toss to combine. Add cheese and lightly toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.