Today on DelmarvaLife –
The 2021 Chincoteague Pony Auction is in the history books and it was a historic year. We’ll tell you all about the event, including a record high bid!
When you think of Somerset County, you probably think of Smith island; but Somerset county has more to offer. 102.5 WBOC’s Leah Rizzo heads to the new bike trail to explore more!
The dog days of summer will be over soon, but we don’t want to leave any of our precious animal friends out in the cold. Today, we’ll give a warm welcome to some of them in our Pet Connect: maybe you can welcome one of them into your home!
The food supply on Delmarva would suffer greatly, without the dedicated farmers who put their all into what they do. Those farmers — and their equipment — will be the main focus at “Blessing of the Combines.”
Building houses and spreading happiness – that’s what the Schell Brothers do in Sussex County and beyond. DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli has more about their mission that’s packed with good vibes in order to create joy filled lives.
Lewes native Billy Libkey and the Mathew Street Band are here on our Mid-South Audio Stage to send us into the weekend with a song or two!
In the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Let’s make something down-right memorable! This recipe comes from a diner Howard loved during his college years. His breakfast of choice? Their Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread! And no wonder, the sweet spices and creamy icing are heavenly, and now you can make your own version of this diner treat at home. Our copycat recipe for this seriously good dessert bread is another great way to make sweet memories in the kitchen.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated French loaf bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Carefully unroll bread dough and form into an 8-inch by 15-inch rectangle. Brush dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle sugar mixture and raisins over melted butter. Roll up dough, starting at short side. Place dough, seam side down in loaf pan. Let stand in a warm place 30 minutes to allow it to rise slightly.
- Bake bread 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Carefully remove to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over bread and serve warm.