Today on DelmarvaLife –
From Our Hot Topics:
You can now apply to get The Autism Acceptance & Inclusion License Plate in Delaware! 50 orders need to be entered in order for the DMV to print, so enter your order with this link.
Tidalhealth is here to teach us how to save a limb!
Fresh shrimp happens at the Shrimp Boat! We stop by the West Ocean City icon to get a taste of what’s cooking!
We also stop by Siri Premiere Eye Care in Cambridge to learn what they can do for your optical health!
We’ll have details about an effort to build a special memorial for fallen officers.
Paul Cullen is in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen to tell us all about Sip & Savor…and to cook for us!
Sausage, Broccoli Rabe with Orecchiette
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
These tender Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs get their flavor from our secret ingredient, and it’s sure to surprise you! It adds a ton of flavor that we know you’re gonna love. Wanna know what it is? A crumbled slice of Pumpernickle bread! This recipe is a hearty, stick-to-your ribs recipe (no pun intended) that is perfect anytime of the year!
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread, crumbled
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Brown short ribs 6 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except bread and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crumbled pumpernickel and serve.