What’s Happening Today – August 31, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Many of us don’t know and hopefully, will never have to know what it’s like to live after losing a child. How do you breathe? How do you carry on? Well, Lois Burton of Hebron has lived that life for thirty years. It was on this very day in 1990 that her 18-year-old son was murdered. His killer caught, convicted and eventually executed for killing three other young people. It’s been a tough 30 years for Lois. Lisa recently visited to find out why keeping busy and giving back makes each day a little easier.
It’s Most Wanted Monday and Lieutenant Tim Robinson of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office is back! He’s asking for your assistance in locating some individuals. If you call in your tip and it leads to an arrest, you will get a cash reward. Please call Crime Solvers, (410) 548-1776.
It was only May of last year that Corporal Stacey Dewitt with the Caroline County Sheriff’s Office set out on a power lifting journey. Fast forward to today, with only one competition under her belt, Corporal Dewitt has already broken multiple state records in Maryland. Today, we talk with Corporal Dewitt about how she started power lifting and what records she’s breaking next.
Earlier this year, we had Alonzo Dixon on the show, talking about Possum Point Players’ Production of “Godspell.” He described it as an “ensemble show, where everyone gets to be a lead.” That was just a few weeks prior to the first show and then…COVID shut it down. But as the saying goes, the show must go on. Today we talk with Director, John Hulse and Actor, Anthony Natoli, about how they’re presenting “Godspell”, but in a COVID, safe way. For more information about “Godspell”, click here.
The summer months just scream for a nice, big, juicy watermelon. One bite is all you need to feel refreshed. But let’s be honest – you’re going to want a lot more than that. But, have you ever wondered what it takes to grown, harvest, and pick the perfect melon? Katie recently took a “field” trip to find out.
Before she entertained on Saturday Night Live, before she made us move and groove on Ellen – Easton’s, Maggie Rogers, took the stage, right here on DelmarvaLife. We look back in today’s, “Monday Memories.”
To be honest, I am very excited about today’s recipe. Hint: it’s chocolate related. So, if you’re a chocolate lover like me then you’re going to want to make this recipe ASAP! Break out that blender and get started! Blender Chocolate Mousse is so easy, you’ll only want to make it from home now on. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
What to Do
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk just to a boil.
- In a blender, combine chocolate chips, sugar, and coffee powder. Pour hot milk into blender and blend until smooth; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold cooled chocolate into whipped cream until well mixed. Spoon mousse into individual bowls or a medium serving bowl.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Check This Out!
- For a more intense coffee flavor, feel free to substitute espresso powder for the instant coffee powder. Before serving, dollop with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- There really is so much you can do with your blender! We like to top off some of our special desserts with our Blender Strawberry Sauce for an extra special flair.