What’s Happening Today – August 30, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Two-hundred year-old documents — including the earliest fugitive slave posters — that give us a better understanding of black history in America.
Nearly ten years of helping local law enforcement track down fugitives. Nearly ten years of Lt. Tim Robinson showing us who’s on the run. That’s changing today. Find out why on today’s Most Wanted Monday.
We rundown the festivities surrounding the 74th Annual National Hard Crab Derby.
One of the hottest tickets In Ocean City this year is to The Jellyfish Festival. From extreme sports to rockin’ on the beach, we get the scoop on this Labor Day Weekend event.
In today’s Monday Memories, we’re oinking out on oysters with Suicide Bridge Restaurant.
WBOC 102.5’s Leah Rizzo stops by X-Squad Dancers in Selbyville to learn all about their ongoing programs!
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Looking for a pizza-perfect way to enjoy homemade pizza without the hassle? These Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks will do the trick! Flakey dough and melty mozzarella cheese, topped with zesty pepperoni and pizza sauce, make this an anytime snack or dinner that will soon be your favorite pizza recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent roll dough on a flat surface. Press two triangles together to form a rectangle; repeat with remaining dough. (You will end up with 4 rectangles.)
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese down the center of each rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning and top each with 4 pepperoni slices. Fold dough on each side of cheese to the middle, slightly overlapping each other, and pinch the seam to secure. Grab both ends of dough and gently twist it. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Brush tops of each with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with pizza sauce.