What’s Happening Today – August 27, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
David and Julie Bullit, the authors of “The Five Core Conversations For Couples” are back with us with some advice on how to have tough conversations with your partner!
Rae lost her life in 2018 – and the friends she left behind are committed to continuing her legacy. They do so by hosting a “Rae Day”, which just so happens to be tomorrow. They’re also putting on a 5K in her honor in a few months. We stopped by La Baguette in Dover to learn more.
On Tuesday, we learned about the “Clear The Shelters” effort when WRDE’s Madeleine Overturf and Telemundo Delmarva’s Rodaris Richardson, stopped by Historic Studio D. The Humane Society of Wicomico County is also participating in the effort, and they desperately need your help.
According to The Humane Society of Wicomico County, eighty-six percent of people find their pets through word of mouth. So, we’re getting the word out about some amazing pets in today’s Pet Connect.
Shade trees is what we’re talking about today. Gardening expert, Ginny Rosenkranz with The University Of Maryland Extension Office joins us.
Stevenson’s Crossroads are here to perform on the Mid-South Audio Stage!
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
You’re going to love this recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread! Made with your favorite summertime squash (that we always seem to have a ton of), we add in some cocoa, cinnamon, and chopped pecans to make a healthier bread recipe that’s a chocoholics delight! Trust us, this is a recipe you’re going to want again and again!
What You’ll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 2 (9- x 5-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir zucchini mixture into flour mixture, then divide mixture evenly between loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on a rack then remove from pans. Let cool completely before slicing.