What’s Happening Today – August 25, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
For the second year in a row, Operation Seas The Day – a weeklong program for dozens of wounded veterans and their families, have decided to cancel Warrior Beach Week; but, those wounded veterans will still be honored.
We all know nursing is best for baby, but not all moms have success with it. We find out how a visit to the dentist may help, with Delaware Pediatric Dentistry.
Making an appointment with a mortgage lender can seem like an overwhelming task. but, not if you get to know four best friends who have one mission: make home loans human. We’ll meet a couple of them from Nations Lending, and find out how they stick with that mission.
We sit down with Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis to learn how our furry first responders need your help; and, it’s as easy as enjoying some lip-smacking, finger-licking barbeque.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
What happens when you celebrate National Catfish Month along with Peach Month and Sandwich Month? You end up with a recipe that’s so fresh-tasting and summery, it’s hard to believe you can whip it up in minutes. So what are you waiting for? Start your very own celebration today!
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 soft hoagie rolls
- 8 tomato slices
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine peach preserves, mayonnaise, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (if desired); mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, the onion powder, and paprika; mix well. Sprinkle catfish fillets evenly on both sides with spice mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Cook fillets 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce. Spoon peach mixture over catfish and top with crumbled bacon.