Today on DelmarvaLife –
Tri-County Goes Purple is an awareness campaign to show support for those who have found themselves in the grip of addiction.
Since most of us have been stuck in our homes for so long during the past year, travelling is a welcome respite. East Coast Campers is ready to equip you with everything you need in one place, for the perfect trip.
We do what we can to help homeless pets here on Delmarva, and today – we have some fabulous furry friends looking to become a part of your family in our today’s Pet Connect.
As thousands of people try to flee Kabul, Afghanistan – the founder of a pet shelter there says he’s not leaving without his staff or the animals.
Since 2007, a group called NOWZAD has been dedicated to reuniting troops with pets they took in while serving in Afghanistan.
But, the Taliban takeover makes it impossible for the group to continue its mission.
Here on DelmarvaLife, we are big fans of baseball! When that baseball benefits others, you have yourself a home run, and when it’s a weekend of all of that, you have yourself a grand slam! we’re talking about Delmarva Baseball Weekend, am upcoming fundraiser for Tunnel To Towers.
Full Disclosure is taking Delmarva by storm…and they’re on our Mid-South Audio Stage!
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Our Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce is a perfect go-along with anything from pork chops to potato pancakes! Or, for a yummy snack, you can have a bowl on its own! The best part? This homemade chunky applesauce is budget friendly! Especially when apples are in season. Yum!
What You’ll Need
- 8 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks (See tip)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until desired texture, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Allow applesauce to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- I think this works out best if you use a variety of apples. You see, the mixture of the tart and sweet apples adds a depth to the applesauce that makes it really stand out.
- We know you’re gonna love this homemade applesauce recipe! For more delicious dinner ideas, check out our Pork Chops & Applesauce (and get a glance at Christopher Knight, who played Peter Brady!)
- Not sure how to core an apple? No problem! Go ahead and check out Howard as he shows you How to Core an Apple!