What’s Happening Today – August 19 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Ever want to find out more about your roots? There’s one particular spot at home where historian, Mike Dixon says you should start, and you’ll have a blast digging up the memroies. We learn that secret spot.
The Wicomico County Fair is coming up in a few days. We get a preview of the lineup and yes, baby goats included.
When the community comes together, lives can change, situations can improve, and peace can prosper. That’s the driving through behind this weekend’s Community Partnership Day, in Dover. We talk with organizer, Tracy Palmer, who is also the president and founder of Tracy Palmer Ministries. Community Partnership Day at Legislative Hall in Dover is Saturday, August 21st from 10a-4p, featuring vendors, state agencies, resources, shopping, music, food and fun for the family.
Fresh, sweet, juicy – three words to describe watermelon. It’s in season and ready for the pickin’ and the eatin’. 2021 Mar-Del Watermelon Queen, Leslie Webb joins us in the DelmarvaLife kitchen to show us how to pick and cut a good watermelon. She also shows us how to make watermelon pizza.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Tuscan One Pot
Chock-full comforting, healthy ingredients, this hearty, flavorful Tuscan One Pot Italian-style stew is sure to brighten up dinnertime. Savor every last drop of this easy one pot and know that, when you’re done, clean-up will take no time at all! Just in time for cooler weather, our Tuscan One Pot is here to save the day.
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 (15-1/2-ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Add sausage, onion, and garlic, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring frequently to break up the sausage.
- Add remaining ingredients, except spinach; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Right before serving, stir in spinach and serve.
Check This Out!
- Dinner doesn’t get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
- If you loved this Tuscan One Pot, make sure to check out our collection of 46 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 9 Classic Sauces.
- For more soups and stews, check out our collection of Sensational Soup Recipes.