What’s Happening Today — August 11, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’re gearing up for the Inaugural Sneaker Gala, and it’s all to benefit young men and women on Delmarva!
Artist Alison Leigh Menke and the executive director of the Art League of Ocean City, Rina Thaler, join us to talk about the Ocean City Plein Air Festival! Alison will even paint for us, right here in Historic Studio D!
We’re exploring the summer sun’s impact on the skin today and learning about some of the options you have, if you want to reverse any damage, with Renaissance Med Spa!
It’s been four sweet years since The Bavarian Bakery, in Dover opened its doors. That’s reason to celebrate — and you’re on the invite list!
In the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Pepper season is here and we’re getting excited about “stuffing” ourselves at dinner! Thank goodness we’ve got this recipe for Orzo Stuffed Peppers. A lot of stuffed pepper recipes use bread crumbs as the main ingredient in their stuffing, but sometimes it’s nice to get a change of texture; this orzo pasta offers just the right variation! There are a dozen ways to serve up peppers but this, by far, is a Test Kitchen favorite.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 green bell peppers, tops removed and cored
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, orzo, 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, the basil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Stuff bell peppers evenly with mixture.
- Stand peppers in a large pot and pour remaining tomato sauce over top. Pour water in bottom of pot, cover, and cook over low heat 50 to 60 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and peppers are tender.