What’s Happening Today — August 12, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We highlight an educational program that’s, oh, so much more. Think of it as a program that focuses on the whole child. we’re talking about Children & Families First.
Have you ever wondered what kind of an education a dentist gets? It sounds like a punchline, but the effort it takes to become a dentist is no joke. We’ll chew on all the details later, with Delmarva Dental Services.
We stopped by Eastern Shore ENT & Allergy in Salisbury to introduce you to the newest member of the team.
A wild 400-year-old adventure story starring a young teenager. Now who could bring us a story like that? You guessed it, Jim Duffy is in the studio with a fun and fascinating throwback Thursday!
On this Throwback Thursday, we thought it would be fun to dip into the archives for some frozen fun!
It has been a fun summer full of games and good times! one thing you’ve probably taken away from the past couple of months … Katie can’t sit still! So what’s she — and others like her — going to do when the weather turns cooler? Why, keep moving, of course! That’s easy with the programs offered by Worcester County Recreation and Parks.
In the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
These homemade layered brownies are so decadent, they might make you feel a little weak in the knees. Our Buckeye Brownies start off with a yummy homemade brownie batter, and then they get a creamy peanut butter filling for the next layer. To take ’em to the next level, we top these off with a 3-ingredient chocolate glaze. Put it all together, and the entire neighborhood will be lining up for a square!
What You’ll Need
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Chocolate Glaze
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt unsweetened chocolate and 1-1/2 sticks butter in microwave on high 2 minutes or just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. (This can also be done in a saucepan on stove over low heat.) Stir in granulated sugar then mix in the beaten eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour and peanuts then spread in baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs; do not overbake. Cool in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, to make Peanut Butter Layer, in a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until well blended and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- To make the Chocolate Glaze, place the semisweet chocolate, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat mixture in microwave on high 2 minutes or just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. (This can also be done in a saucepan on stove over low heat.) Spread over peanut butter layer. Cool until set then cut into squares.