What’s Happening Today – August 10, 2016
Today on DelmarvaLife:
The Rotary Club of Salisbury, the Salisbury Sunrise Rotary Club, and the Rotary Club of Wicomico County invite you to join them in stuffing book bags of underprivileged children for this fall. On Saturday, August 13, from 8:30 am – 3 pm, members of all three rotary clubs will be outside the K-Mart at Rt. 50 and Tilghman Rd. in Salisbury collecting traditional items to stuff 700 or more book bags. To learn more about the Annual Rotary Backpack Project, or to make a cash or school supply donation, call 410-543-0182.
There are many factors that can impact your sleep – technology, temperature, and alcohol, just to name a few. We dive into it all today with Linda Hurley, director of the Peninsula Sleep Waves Sleep Center at Peninsula Regional Medical Center, who has mastered the art of a good night’s sleep. We also ask Linda questions our viewers sent in about sleep.
Michael O’Leary and Grant Aleksander joined us last month on the DelmarvaLife couches to talk about a project called “Breathing Under Dirt.” This weekend, the production, which is written and directed by O’Leary, hits the stage at the Ella Fitzgerald Center for Performing Arts at UMES. Today, Michael and Aleksander are back with us and they have brought a couple other familiar faces – Tina Sloan and Cynthia Watros.
Since actors from the Guiding Light are in the studio, we thought we would make the famous “Bauer Burger.” If you’ve ever seen the show, you know what the Bauer Burger is all about.
- Get 2 lbs of ground sirloin, then mix in some garlic, pepper, salt and 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Make an even number of thin hamburger patties. (Be sure to make them very thin.)
- Chop up some onion and put it on top of the first patty. Then put a slice of American or mozzarella cheese on top. Grill some mushrooms and put them on top of the cheese. Cover the whole thing with another patty.
- Using a fork press down the edges of the patties so they are sealed
- Barbecue the double patties over a low flame until done. It takes more time to cook due to the thickness of the patties.
Looking for something to do this weekend? There’s a free, 3-day Chinese festival at the Chinese American Community Center is Hockessin this weekend. There’s traditional cuisine, a lion and dragon dance, and martial arts. Call 302-239-0432 for more information.
Also this weekend, the “Abba the Concert” Tribute Show gets underway at the Freeman Stage at Bayside in Selbyville at 7 pm on Friday, August 12. The cost is $25. For more information, call 302-436-3015.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Request tickets to the show
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our YouTube channel