Today on DelmarvaLife –
We introduce you to a team that’s always on call in times of crisis. We learn more about Delmarva Search and Rescue.
The Humane Society of Wicomico County is having a community yard sale and market, Saturday, April 10th from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the shelter in Salisbury. We show you some adorable pets that are up for adoption at Wicomico and other local shelters in our Pet Connect.
Chef, musician, and sommelier, Paul Cullen joins us to talk about his mission to help kids in need follow their dreams to be a musician or a chef with his non-profit, Paul Kares. He tells us about an exciting fundraising event T, , and , , The Room at Cedar Grove in Lewes.
If you’re looking for an easy recipe that will spice things up in a lot of different ways, look no further than our Save-the-Day Black Bean Salsa! We consider this recipe a superhero because you never quite know when it will come in handy. Need an easy appetizer? A colorful side dish? How about a topping for that bland chicken breast? For just about any occasion involving food, make this fun and fresh-tasting black bean salsa recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar, oil, cumin, and salt; mix well. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture; toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Serve this salsa with your favorite tortilla chips! And remember, this will keep in the refrigerator up to three days if stored in an airtight container.
- Don’t miss our 1-2-3 Salsa Dip, or one of our other Homemade Salsa Recipes!
- For more Tex-Mex options, try our Beefy Enchiladas or our Fast Taco Pie. Be sure to finish with our Easy Baked Churros!