Today on DelmarvaLife –
The older you get, the better chance you have of developing cataracts. We talk with the experts at Chesapeake Eye Center about treatment that could have you ditching the glasses.
If you’re looking for work, we’ll hear from the folks at Vacasa about a few incredible opportunities based at beach resorts on Delmarva.
It’s time to reunite with our loved ones. We make a stop at Delmar Assisted Living to see how they’re celebrating. We also get a look at their new facility, Delmar Estates.
Think a grilled cheese sandwich is just for the kids? Think again! This Italian-Antipasto Grilled Cheese sandwich has all the tastes of your favorite Italian restaurant-style salad, in a warm, melty sandwich. What gives it the added flavor are some roasted red peppers, and a few slices of salami. It’ll take your grilled cheese sandwich from kids-only to 5-star gourmet ready!
What You’ll Need
- 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips, drained well
- 8 slices deli-style Genoa salami
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- Place 4 bread slices on work surface. Evenly layer each slice with provolone cheese, red pepper strips, and salami. Sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Place remaining bread on top and brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil.
- In a large skillet or a griddle over medium heat, cook sandwiches in batches until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Want more amazing grilled cheese sandwich recipes that are sure to impress? Check out our Caprese-Style Grilled Cheese and for some southern flavors, try our BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese! Yum!
- Enjoy the flavors of antipasto? For a get-together favorite try our Antipasto Stuffed Shells or, if you feel like the classic, here’s our 5-star Italian Antipasto recipe!