What’s Happening Today – April 27, 2018
Today on DelmarvaLife:
Are you looking for a way to get involved and help support the Special Olympics? Detective Jason Caputo and master police officer Aaron Hudson come in to speak about how the Salisbury Police Department is doing its part to get involved. We learn about what they’re calling the Hero’s Challenge and how the community can support their efforts. The Hero’s Challenge will take place Saturday, May 5 at 9 am in downtown Salisbury.
If you’re looking to have some fun this weekend why not take a trip down to Ocean City? While you’re there, be sure to check out the 48th annual Ward World Championship happening this weekend at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Carvers and collectors from all around will be in attendance and DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield helps us see what’s in store. The Ward World Championship will take place Saturday, April 28th from 9 am – 5 pm and Sunday, April 29th from 9 am – 5 pm at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center in Ocean City.
With Spring here and warmer days finally approaching, it might be time to think about planning that big event you’ve been putting off. If you’re unsure of where to find venues DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield may be able to help. She travels to the Milestone Event Center to talk to its owner, Molly Faulkner of Talbot County, to learn more about why she decided to create the venue, what kind of events they cater to, and memorable events held in the past.
Today on the Mid South Audio stage we welcome back a group that is no stranger to us. The Girlfriends usher us into the weekend with their rocking sounds. You won’t want to miss this!
With preparation for tomorrow’s Salisbury marathon under way, one thing to keep in mind if you plan to travel in or around Salisbury tomorrow is lane restrictions. It is encouraged to download the Waze app as all the lane restrictions are programmed in. The following are estimated lane restrictions for tomorrow, April 28th.
7:30 am to 8:30 am
START AREA of the Marathon/Half marathon
- S Park Drive between Snow Hill Road and Beaver Dam
- Beaver Dam to Glen Avenue
- Monument Drive to N Park Drive
- N Park Drive to Beaglin Park Drive
8:00am – 9:00
- Schumaker Drive (eastbound lane restricted)
- Hinman Lane (towards Johnson Rd restricted)
8:15am to 9:45
- Nutters Crossing Road (Towards Snow Hill Road from Johnson Road, Towards Colbourn Mill from 12)
- Colbourn Mill Rd (from Nutters Cross to S Division Street)
- S Division Street to Power Street (traffic heading IN to Salisbury restricted)
9:00 – 11:30
- Pinebluff Road and Woodland Road south spur (Towards Riverside Drive)
9:00 – 11:45
- Sharps Point Road (from Riverside to Camden)
9:00 – 12:00
- Allen Road (from College Ave to Allen Cutoff)
9:00 – 1:30
- Walnut Tree Road (heading west towards Allen)
9:30 – 2:00
- South Upper Ferry Road (towards the ferry)
8:15am to 4:00 pm
- Riverside Drive (the north lane, heading away from Salisbury)