Today on DelmarvaLife –
First vax, then relax – that’s the message TidalHealth is trying to spread to make sure everyone has a safe and fun summer. We get some words of comfort if you’re worried about getting the COVID-19 shot.
We talk the benefits of medical weight loss with Dr. Sandra Palavencino of TidalHealth Weight Loss and General Surgery.
We explore and learn about some of the new sounds and song coming from our backyards this time of year with Carrie Samis of Princess Anne.
Melissa Becker, of Baywater Farms, teaches us some interesting uses for some lesser-known vegetables that are in season this time of the year.
We welcome Darren Jones to the Mid South Audio stage. Jones began playing and singing country music in public at age 14 and has had his own band named “The Jones Boys” for 28 years. His music influences have been Merle Haggard, George Jones, Buck Owens, and his father Jim Jones.
We have a list of some local shelter pets looking for a “fur-ever” home.
Easton Airport is having a “Walk and Talk” airport open house
If you’re a fan of chicken and waffles then we’ve got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon ‘n’ Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!
What You’ll Need
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- 8 frozen breaded chicken breast tenders
- 8 frozen waffles, toasted according to package directions
- Maple syrup for drizzling
What to Do
- In a large skillet, over medium heat cook bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile, heat the breaded chicken tenders according to the package instructions.
- Place two slices of bacon on each of four waffles. Top each with two chicken breast tenders, drizzle with syrup, and top with remaining waffles.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you love the taste of homemade waffles, feel free to make them and pop them in the freezer, so you can make this whenever you get the hankerin’ for some true comfort eatin’. When you’re ready to use ‘em, simply pop them in the toaster, just like the store-bought ones. The cool thing about this is it costs less than 50¢ to make 8 homemade waffles.
- For more of your favorite chicken and waffle flavors, try our Country Chicken and Waffles, or, if you’re in a hurry, these Shortcut Chicken & Waffles will save you time!