What’s Happening Today – April 17, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
A simple symbol with a powerful message. We’re talking about the pinwheel. You may have noticed they’re starting to pop up around Delmarva. We learn about the message behind them.
We do another wellness check with a local leader. Today, Milton Town Manager, Kristy Rogers talks with Katie about how COVID-19 has changed her leadership style.
The Great Wicomico Family Fort Building Competition is happening and it’s your chance to win a prize, even if you don’t live in Wicomico County. We learn more about this fun, stay-at-home, activity.
Cacio e Pepe
- Kosher salt for water
- 8 oz. pasta of choice
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan or pecorino
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente of soft but slightly firm. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook, swirling pan, until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining butter. Reduce heat to low and add cheese, stirring and tossing with tongs until melted and the sauce coats the pasta, and pasta is al dente. (Add more pasta water if sauce seems dry.) Transfer pasta to warm bowls and serve.
You can add pancetta to make Pasta alla Gricia. If you add eggs after the pan is turned off it will become Carbonara.