Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’re catching up with the queen of the classroom in Somerset County. Jennifer Carey was just recently named the school district’s 2022-2023 Teacher of the Year. We’re getting her reaction to this recognition and hearing about the lessons she’s learned in her career thus far.
In our Monday Memories, we are looking back at an educational experience we had, seeing how shaving cream can shake up the process of dyeing Easter eggs.
Another Monday Memory to share: We put together an Easter cake using Peeps.
Katie visits The Coffee House Powered by Schell Brothers in Rehoboth Beach as it enters it’s second season in business.
We highlight some of our favorite moments in this month’s “All That is Good.”
Boy, oh boy, will this milkshake remind you of bobby socks and saddle shoes! To celebrate Barbershop Quartet Day, we’re whipping up a ’50s style favorite we like to call our Memory Lane Milk Shake. This dreamy, creamy, cool milk shake recipe is a blend of sweet vanilla ice cream and fresh, juicy strawberries. One sip and you’ll be headed back in time; this recipe is a taste of nostalgia and “OOH IT’S SO GOOD!!”
What You’ll Need
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 fresh strawberries for garnish
What to Do
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except fresh strawberries. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and top each with a fresh strawberry.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- These tasty milk shakes are so thick that you’ll need to serve them with straws and spoons!
- Want more milk shakes? Try our Diner Style White Cow, or our Triple Chocolate Milk Shakes. Plus, you’re gonna want to try some of our Vintage Diner Milk Shake Recipes!
- If you can’t get enough ice cream, try our Heavenly Freezer Cake and our recipe for The Best Ice Cream Cake Ever.