Dog Bite Statistics & Dog Safety – State Farm – Friday, May 15, 2015
Megan Holotik, State Farm Insurance Agent in Cambridge, Md., gives tips on dog safety:
- dogs don’t like to be hugged & kissed
- don’t reach through to pet a dog
- don’t pet dog while they’re eating
- don’t let dog out with strangers
Megan says that it does not matter if the dog is big or small and that they could all bite, and should be treated with the same precautions.
How to Protect Your Dog
- make them feel comfortable
- learn what makes them upset
- don’t make them defend themselves
- be your dog’s line of defense
Veterinarians help by keeping the dog healthy and making sure the dog is up-to-date on their vaccinations.