Six Living Generations – Tuesday, June 16, 2015
- GI Generation (1901-1926): World War 1 generation, fixer-uppers, do-it yourself
- Silent Generation (1927-1945): Discipline, self-sacrificing, believe marriage is for life
- Baby Boomers (1946-1964): Righteous and self-centered, “buy it now and use credit” generation
- Generation X (1965-1980): Known as “latch-key’ kids, entrepreneurs, very focused on individual rights
- Millennials (1981-2000): Felt an enormous academic pressure, tend to want instant gratification, carry strong views about controversial topics
- Generation Z (after 2001): Technological savvy, leaving behind toys at a younger age to move to more tech focused products
Millennials are projected to surpass the baby boomers as the nation’s largest living generation. Baby Boomers teach Millennials about personal interaction and the importance of hard work. While Millennials teach Baby Boomers about new technology and the value of personal happiness.