Mother Daughter Adoptions – Friday, Nov. 20, 2015
Looking for a Family:
- 397,122 in foster care
- 101,666 eligible for adoption
- 32% will wait more than 3 years before finding a permanent family
Impact on the Kids:
- 23,396 aged out, no support afterwards
- 40% homeless
- 60% of men convicted of a crime
- 50% of those that aged out suffered from substance abuse
However, thousands of other foster care children do find a permanent home and are thriving.
Destiny Ness, adopted daughter, told us her story. She explained that she has overcome a lot, but is now thriving in her adopted family. Her adoptive mother, Amy Ness, spoke about how important adoption is for the children but also that reunification is key. Reunification is the first step but if that doesn’t work out, adoption is the next best option.
“Be patient, wait, because there is something out there that will love you,” Destiny Ness.