Apple Scrapple English Muffin with Chef Ryan Cunningham from Abbott’s on Broad Creek
Apple Scrapple English Muffin Recipe
1 Thomas’® Original English Muffin
1¼ slice of Haas scrapple
1 slice white Cheddar
1 farm egg
1 lb butter
3 Gala apples – peeled, cored and diced
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
1 Tbsp sugar Apples and Onions
1 Spanish onion, julienned
1 Gala apple, cored and julienned
2 bunches scallions, cut on bias
1 Tbsp bacon fat
1 Tbsp sugar
Kosher salt to taste
Small squeeze of fresh lemon
1. To make apple butter, melt butter with apples on low.
2. Cook on very low heat until soft.
3. Add vanilla and sugar, and blend until smooth.
4. Refrigerate. This should make one quart and should be smooth and pliable.
5. To make the apple and onions, add bacon fat to pan.
6. Sweat onions on low until soft.
7. Add sugar and apples. Turn up heat to medium and cook until apples soften slightly, then remove from heat.
8. Toss scallions, lemon and salt, then reserve.
9. Cook scrapple until crisp on flat griddle about 3 minutes on each side.
10. Top scrapple with cheese and melt.
11. Cook egg to desired preference (preferably sunny side up or over easy for proper nook and cranny filling capability).
12. Split and toast Thomas’® Original English Muffin.
13. Spread apple butter on the Thomas’® Original English Muffin, filling all nooks and crannies.
14. Top with scrapple and cheese, apples, onions and the egg.
15. Sprinkle with sea salt.