Steak and Zoodles with The Rabbit Hole
We’re making dinner for Dad in preparation for Father’s Day in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen.
Chef Daniel Mears from The Rabbit Hole in Salisbury joins us to make steak and zoodles! And Jimmy gets to use power tools in the kitchen to help make that happen!
The Perfect Steak
Recipe based on 1 – 16oz Steak
- 1 oz Vegetable Oil
- 1 t. Kosher Salt
- 1 t. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- 1 t. Sugar
- 1 Small Bunch of Thyme
- 4 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Head of Garlic cut in half
- Remove Steak from Refrigerator 2 Hours from the time that you will want to serve it.
- Season Steak With Dry Ingredients
- Heat Medium Skillet to Medium Hi Heat (Cast Iron works best) Add Oil , and allow to Smoke Slightly.
- Gently Slide steak into the pan and slide from side to side to insure that there is oil between the steak and the pan. Rock the pan occasionally to baste sides of Steak with oil.
- For Medium Rare steak allow to cook on this side for 4 minutes or until golden brown crust has formed on meat. Turn Steak Allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter, thyme and garlic and baste butter over steak for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove steak to plate and allow 5 minutes to rest before serving.
Side tip: When slicing a steak always cut against the grain for the best results.
- 4 Medium Squash or Zucchini – Spiralized or Thinly Sliced
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 1/2 C Cooked Artichoke
- 1/2 C Chopped Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 C Basil Pesto
- 1/2 C Chopped Roasted Peppers
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a sauce pan and season with salt.
- Bring a large sauté pan to medium low heat.
- Add olive oil. Add chopped peppers, olives, and artichokes.
- Sauté lately just to heat through.
- Add basil pesto and goat cheese. Allow goat cheese to melt.
- Add zucchini to boiling water and cook for four minutes.
- Remove zucchini directly into sauce mixture allowing excess water to carryover into the pan to thin the sauce.
- Toss lightly and serve.