Signature Tropical Tart with UMES Students
We have some young chefs from UMES in the DelmarvaLife kitchen today.
Allison Anderson and Cailey Mitchell are making their signature tropical tart.
- Tart shells 4 ea.
- Lemon pastry cream, room-temp. 1 pt.
- Whip cream, stiff peak 1 c
- Assorted berries 8 oz.
- Chocolate shaving 4 oz.
- UMES, famous raspberry sauce 6 oz.
1. Mix pastry cream and whip cream together and place mixture into pastry bag, reserve.
2. Arrange assorted fruits on the inside of tart shells covering the surface.
3. Pipe pastry cream mixture over fruit to completely cover fruits, bottom and sides of tart shells.
4. Arrange remaining fruits onto pastry cream mixture, in a decorative manner.
5. Drizzle tarts with raspberry sauce and garnish tarts with chocolate shavings.